The App was created by the the makers of Road ID, the world’s leading provider of safety identification products for outdoor enthusiasts. Like our physical ID products, the App is designed to provide safety and peace of mind to the user and their family. The App achieves this with two amazing features. The first App feature allows you to send an eCrumb (electronic breadcrumb) to family members and friends whenever you head outdoors for an adventure (run, ride, hike, walk, etc). The eCrumb can be sent via email or text message and allows your contacts to track your adventure, in real time, on a map. The eCrumb feature also has an optional “Stationary Alert” that can notify select contacts if you stop moving for more than 5 minutes. The Second feature is a personalized LockScreen that allows you to put your emergency contacts and other important information on your phone’s lock screen. This can provide vital information to First Responders in an accident, even if your phone is locked. IMPORTANT NOTE: The App is not a replacement for a physical Road ID product and is intended to be a supplemental safety device only. For ID purposes, it’s important that you wear (on your person) an ID that First Responders can easily access in an emergency.
Articles in this section
- What is the Road ID App?
- Is the App available for iPhone and Android?
- What exactly is an eCrumb?
- How do my contacts see the ecrumbs?
- Does the App replace my physical Road ID?
- Will it track my run/ride data?
- What is the Lock Screen used for?
- Do I have to use a Lock Screen?
- What type of info is best for the Lock Screen?
- Do I have to use both features to send an eCrumb?